Sunday, January 15, 2012

Golden Globes PSA.......

People of Canada and the USA please note that tonight's Golden Globes will be, for the 3rd year running, hosted by Englishman Ricky Gervais.

Whilst I know he isn't the most popular choice of host for this prestigious award show I will be watching for this reason and this reason alone.

When he rips the 'piss' out of you and makes observations that are based on things you (the star/actor) have probably done or films/TV you've made that are bad etc. please don't get upset. It's really one of the worst qualities and it's not very admirable or conducive to people continuing to like you.

Take a page from Johnny Depp's 'book' - laugh about it and even engage in some post award 'sketch' in which you match the humour with humour of your own.

Tonight's humour will, in all likely-hood be 'close to the bone' - risque and 'base' in it's flavour of 'funny'. Just the kind of humour I find funny. A lot of other people also find it funny - probably the majority. 

To the minority that find this type of humour offensive I say this to you:

This is the 3rd year RG has hosted. you know what he does. You know he's going to do it again (especially as he's probably going to push it as far as possible in his 3rd and probably last year). So, in that vein, I will draw your attention to the button on your remote control for your cable that is labelled 'channel-up' - use it. If you didn't like him last year or the year before - you have the option and the prior warning to be able to make the choice to NOT WATCH him.

If you don't like RG and you opt to watch tonight's show anyway - please do me a favour and keep your negative opinions to yourselves. No excuses, you've been warned.

My message to RG is this - please make me laugh - please rip the piss where it's warranted - please be clever in your attempts at making me laugh - please do not let me down, please be unexpected.

Thank you.

PSA ends.

No comments: