Saturday, February 3, 2007

....yeah, been busy, but I'm pissed about this!


I generally hate most forms of sport so this weekend held very little for me out in the NFL crazed continent of North America! I don't watch any forms of American sports, no Canadian ice hockey nor will I be watching any baseball when it starts - it's just me right? well maybe others out there - somewhere.

I occasionally catch the odd game of international football (soccer to my NA readership... !!!!!) and I watched some world cup games up until England got booted out.... and if there is some curling on I find that quite therapeutic!

Th ONLY thing I try to watch RELIGIOUSLY is international rugby union and today saw the first games of this years Six Nations championship kick off with France v Italy and England v Scotland.

Now, I can forgive Canadian TV moguls for not including these matches in their line up - I really didn't expect it......

BUT.....why can't I get a live stream of these games on the BBC site? The dumb wits (restricting my language there) - the live stream was only available for UK IP addresses - so when I try to get the stream it wasn't available to me in Canada! I paid for my BBC TV license all those years and frankly always thought I was being ripped off for what I got (puffed up overstaffed corporate TV company that very occasionally made some interesting programmes - but 95% was crap).

I can watch the highlights after the game, I can listen to Radio 5 Live commentary of the game and get a text update which has 3 minutes lag time. Absolute crap!

Even the highlights are the poorest excuse of quality I've ever seen in my recent streaming life - the Real Audio window popped up and I could make out a field of green and that's about it.

WHY?

BBC - get your collective world wide asses together and have a real WORLD SERVICE instead of this half assed fucked up attempt as breakthrough technology!

You have people wanting to watch this stuff - if you are IN THE UK - guess what? You can watch it on TV - it's the Brits OUTSIDE the country who want it streamed!

No comments: